The main purpose of the EPDItaly Regulations is to provide a tool for the development, verification/validation and publication of Environmental Product Declarations, in which the Organization can report environmental information related to the product or service provided.
The Regulations are revised every 3 years or upon input from the market to possibly adapt them to its changing needs.
As of December 1, 2023, the New EPDItaly Regulation will come into effect.
These are the main changes:
- Structure of the Regulations: one document for all types of activities
- Transition to EN ISO/IEC 17029 and ISO 14065 for verification and validation activities (V/V):
- review of the V/V process of EPDs.
- Program requirements (Assurance Level and Relevance Threshold)
- V/V Statement requirements
- Changes and clarifications on some issues:
- Average Product EPD o Average EPD, definition of average product and sample approach for calculation
- Clarification in relation to LCA rules
- Data classification, quality requirements
- Requirements for legislative compliance
- Definition of validation activity for EPDs of products not yet manufactured
- Definition of activities for the method used and types of verifications for determination of recycled/recovered/subproduct content.
Download the New Regulations